Need Assistance with FGX Native Installation on Delphi 11.3: Encountering an Error.

aziz

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for help with FGX Native. I tried installing it on Delphi 11.3 but faced an error, as shown in the attached image. I'm looking forward to using this tool and would be grateful for any guidance or suggestions to fix this issue. Your expertise and advice are much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support and time in assisting me with this matter!

error.jpg.bd63986555c0b92c2d34a43972ddf9ff.jpg

4 answers to this question

• Administrators

Hello @aziz,

There are several possible reasons of this error:

1. You selected wrong designer version in FGX Native installer of Delphi 11. Delphi 11.0, 11.1, 11.2 are not compatible between versions. So we provide different designers versions for each Delphi 11.X versions. So be sure, that you select related designer version.
  2. FGX Native uses externals dll for correct work, so it uses system $PATH variable. Some 3-d party libraries can override $PATH variable on IDE side and don't inherit all parent values. In this case IDE cannot load required for FGX Native libraries. You can have a look at the IDE Settings: Tools -> Options -> Environment. Look at the overridden variables.

Thank you

12 hours ago, Yaroslav Brovin said:

Hello @aziz,

There are several possible reasons of this error:

1. You selected wrong designer version in FGX Native installer of Delphi 11. Delphi 11.0, 11.1, 11.2 are not compatible between versions. So we provide different designers versions for each Delphi 11.X versions. So be sure, that you select related designer version.
  2. FGX Native uses externals dll for correct work, so it uses system $PATH variable. Some 3-d party libraries can override $PATH variable on IDE side and don't inherit all parent values. In this case IDE cannot load required for FGX Native libraries. You can have a look at the IDE Settings: Tools -> Options -> Environment. Look at the overridden variables.

Thank you

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

Regarding your first point, I want to assure you that I have selected the appropriate designer version, which is Delphi 11.3, the version I am currently using.

The only action I took was during the installation process, where I was given the option to choose the destination for the files. Although the default selection was the C drive, I changed it to the E drive. I hope this information helps in resolving the issue.

Thank you so much, Yaroslav Brovin, for your assistance!

I'm truly grateful for your help in resolving this issue on Telegram.

Your guidance has reignited my excitement for programming with FGX Native. Looking forward to diving deeper into it and exploring more possibilities.

Thanks again!

Posted (edited)

Yaroslav Brovin brilliantly resolved the issue by suggesting the addition of

;$(PATH); value

to the Path in the Environment Options box in Delphi.

This simple yet effective tweak was exactly what was needed.

I'm so appreciative of this help – it's insights like these that make the programming community so invaluable.

Thank you, Yaroslav! 🌹

Edited by aziz
  • Like 1