FGX for tablet development

Delphi64

I'm just started to test the trial version, I'm interested in development for tablets. As Device Class I see only Universal or Android Phone (small-large). Is there a device class for tablets? Can one be created by the user, so that the dimensions are more or less standard?

• Administrators

Hello @Delphi64,

As you can see Device Class in Form designer is just preview feature. It's special preset for testing your form on specified class. So this option just sets predefined size and style for form in designer and nothing more.

Therefore, when you run the program on the device, it will take up the entire screen of the device, regardless of its type. 

To make the program look good on different screens, use the power of FlexBox. FlexBox allows you to make automatic transfers of elements and make a real rubber layout.

Some of our clients develop application for tablet. As far as I know, these are some kind of terminals for working with clients - restaurants, hotels, etc.

Thank you,
Yaroslav