Purchased copy

Tomaz

• Administrators

Hello, Tomaz,

The license for FGX Native is named. This means that only one user can work with it. We allow activation of the library on a maximum of 3 devices. Home, work computer and one spare in case of a change of hardware.

So yes, you can install it on 2 machines, But only you can use it.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Your activation scheme sounds like it could be a issue for me.

I do all my development in virtual machines, I have a different virtual machine for each of my customers, and then when a new Delphi release comes out I create a new virtual machine for each of those customers again.

For example I currently have 3 VMs with Delphi 11.2 installed in them, 1 VM with Delphi 10.4, 1 VM with Delphi 10.2 and then 2 more VMs with older Delphi versions. When Delphi 12 is released I will likely trash a bunch of those VMs and recreate new VMs with Delphi 12 in them (again a VM per customer with just the Delphi version I need for that customer).

Is your activation scheme flexible enough to support this sort of arrangement?

• Administrators

Hello Lachlan,

9 hours ago, Lachlan Gemmell said:

I do all my development in virtual machines

You can continue to use Vitrual Machine for development with FGX Native.

9 hours ago, Lachlan Gemmell said:

I have a different virtual machine for each of my customers, and then when a new Delphi release comes out I create a new virtual machine for each of those customers again.

You can not transfer the license to use FGX Native to third parties. The license is named, so only you can use it. Therefore, to be honest, I don't really understand the scheme of transferring a virtual machine to your clients. Do you also give them a license for Delphi?

Thank you

• Administrators

In case of my misunderstanding.

You can activate the FGX Native license in a virtual machine. By default, we give 3 activations. The license is linked to the hardware. Therefore, by default, you can activate the license on three different virtual machines or computers. We assume it's workstation at work, notebook and workstation at home. However, if you have reasonable reasons to have more activations, you can always contact us with a request to increase this number.

Also, usually a virtual machine supports snapshot, so you can take a base snapshot with delphi and FGX Native and use one virtual machine with different points for different clients.

Thank you

Your second answer was the information I was looking for. I would not need to transfer the license to any third parties and I would always be the only person using the library.

If I did go through with a purchase you'd likely be getting requests from me for an activation or two each time a new Delphi version (and sometimes even a new Delph update) was released. As long as you were happy issuing those activations I could live with your activation scheme.