Empowering Global Developers: A Request for English Tutorials in FGX Native Mastery

aziz

English Tutorials for FGX Native: Necessity or Not?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is it important to have English tutorials for FGX Native?

• Yes, it's essential for global reach and understanding.
    • No, the current resources in other languages are sufficient.

Dear FGX Native Team,

I am writing to express my admiration for the FGX Native tool. Your platform's commitment to simplifying mobile app development is genuinely impressive, offering a unique UI-designer, a diverse range of components, and an intuitive API.

I particularly appreciate your emphasis on thorough documentation and staying current in the ever-evolving IT landscape. Your work empowers developers of all levels to create cutting-edge mobile applications.

As English is a global language understood by many, I believe offering comprehensive English tutorials for FGX Native, from basics to advanced levels, would greatly benefit a wider audience. Such tutorials would enable more developers worldwide to harness the full potential of FGX Native, fostering a more diverse and skilled community.

Thank you for your dedication to making mobile app development accessible and advanced.

Sincerely,

aziz

It would also be beneficial for FGX Native developers to have the opportunity to contribute their own English tutorial videos. This not only enhances the learning resources available but also fosters a sense of community and collaboration. As a token of appreciation for their contributions, awarding badges or honors to these contributors would be a wonderful way to recognize and encourage their efforts.

Moreover, it would be beneficial to have a section in the FGX Native forum for developers to not only showcase applications developed with FGX Native, but also to offer them for sale to other interested developers. This marketplace approach could stimulate innovation, provide financial incentives for quality development, and facilitate the exchange of useful and practical applications within the FGX Native community.

• Agree 2

@aziz
I agree some more English documentation would be nice . Not sure about the market place.. There's a sub forum for "Development Orders"

Coming from Windows dev to my first mobile app. I gave up on FMX and found FGX by luck. I think there will be many like me.

I think FGX is different enough from FMX that there is definitely a learning curve.

The sample applications are excellent.

Documentation could be better and basic concepts like assets and themes could be better explained.

I think there's a bit of "The curse of knowledge" where the FGX team may not appreciate that we don't have the same understanding of the various mobile ecosystems.

Depends on what @Yaroslav Brovin and the team want to achieve in terms or marketing to other developers?

As I've said before the support is excellent. That helps a lot with the language issues. I have to use translator on forum. Which can work well.

The more questions you ask the richer the repository of knowledge for us all to share.

Alan

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alan said:

@aziz
I agree some more English documentation would be nice . Not sure about the market place.. There's a sub forum for "Development Orders"

Coming from Windows dev to my first mobile app. I gave up on FMX and found FGX by luck. I think there will be many like me.

I think FGX is different enough from FMX that there is definitely a learning curve.

The sample applications are excellent.

Documentation could be better and basic concepts like assets and themes could be better explained.

I think there's a bit of "The curse of knowledge" where the FGX team may not appreciate that we don't have the same understanding of the various mobile ecosystems.

Depends on what @Yaroslav Brovin and the team want to achieve in terms or marketing to other developers?

As I've said before the support is excellent. That helps a lot with the language issues. I have to use translator on forum. Which can work well.

The more questions you ask the richer the repository of knowledge for us all to share.

Alan

@Alan,

Thank you for your insights and I completely agree with you on the importance of having more comprehensive English documentation for FGX Native. Your personal experience in transitioning from FMX to mobile app development and discovering FGX Native is enlightening. It's clear that FGX Native has a unique position in the market, distinct enough from FMX to warrant a learning curve.

I also appreciate your point about the "curse of knowledge" and how it might affect the FGX team's perception of what users understand about mobile ecosystems. This highlights the need for more accessible and detailed guidance.

In line with this, I'd like to express my gratitude to the FGX team, particularly to @Yaroslav Brovin, for their exceptional support and dedication. Their efforts in making mobile app development more approachable are commendable.

Adding to your suggestions, I believe that developing a comprehensive development manual in PDF format would be an excellent resource. Such a manual, detailing every aspect of FGX Native in a step-by-step, easy-to-follow manner, would be invaluable. It would enable learning even away from the computer, further broadening the learning opportunities for developers globally.

Additionally, the creation of English-language video tutorials would greatly complement the written documentation, providing a well-rounded educational resource for all levels of developers.

Thank you once again for your valuable contribution to the FGX Native community. Your thoughts and experiences enrich our collective understanding and help in shaping a more informed and skilled developer community.

Best regards,
Aziz